Louis Lehot Launches “Ask A Silicon Valley Lawyer” Vlog Series For Startups
Palo Alto, CA (PRUnderground) September 5th, 2020
Louis Lehot – L2Counsel, P.C., an elite boutique law firm which represents private, public and going public companies, financial sponsors, venture capitalists, investors, and investment banks in forming, financing, governing, buying, and selling companies, announces the launch of its “Ask a Silicon Valley Lawyer” educational series, moderated by Louis Lehot, one of the technology industry’s most preeminent corporate, securities and M&A lawyers
The video series now comprises a library of 20 videoblogs and 10 webinars designed to empower the technology, life sciences, medical device and clean energy industries’ leading entrepreneurs, founders, management teams and investors with cutting edge analysis and down to the minute market information. The series is now available for download and on demand streaming on the #askasiliconvalleylawyer YouTube channel.
While the videoblogs and podcast interviews are designed to give nuts and bolts overviews of the building blocks of startup formation, hypergrowth and exit, the webinars are a unique way for participants to interact with industry leaders directly. Participants who join the livestream programs are encouraged to utilize the live chat, Q&A, and daily polls to discuss.
“The global Silicon Valley has been desperately in need of new channels to provide critical legal information to founders, entrepreneurs and investors for a long time,” stated Louis Lehot. “Our videoblogs, podcasts, interviews and live webinars offer an opportunity to get informed, updated, invigorated, and refresh with engaging new ideas and suggestions for adapting to our ‘new normal’ while finding new ways to develop opportunities for success.”
The next #askasiliconvalleylawyer webinar is organized around the topic of “Founder Equity: Getting it right the first time,” and is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9th at 10am PDT. Each founder faces numerous challenges when building a business. When it comes to founder equity, each decision can be critical and have downstream consequences on hiring, taxes, and real legal issues. To register for the webinar, please visit: https://zoom.us/webinar/95419666260.
Past webinars have covered topics such as:
- Louis Lehot – Venture Capital term sheets 101
- Louis Lehot – M&A term sheets 101
- Louis Lehot – Structuring IP and technology acquisitions
- Louis Lehot – Accelerated Startup Academy: startup legal basics 101
- Louis Lehot – Legal tech tools to help you thrive
- Louis Lehot – Transaction readiness: preparing your company for sale (when you are not for sale)
- Louis Lehot – Valuations in light of COVID-19
- Louis Lehot – Startups: how to avoid fundraising, legal and accounting pitfalls
- Louis Lehot – Is it time for a fire sale of your company? When do you start and what do you do?
- Louis Lehot – Startup management through the COVID19 crisis
Videoblog topics include:
- How to find the right startup lawyer for you
- How to build the perfect pitch deck
- Before you dive in head first
- How to raise venture capital
- Early stage financing techniques
- When and how to incorporate
- Running an effective board meeting
- Accelerators, incubators and ecobaters
- The M&A process
- Stock options
- How to choose an investment banker
- How to build an advisory board
- Going global: when, where, why and how
- Founder and shareholder arrangements
- Engaging an accountant: when and who
- Basics of venture capital funds and corporate venturing groups: what makes them tick
Louis Lehot is the founder of L2 Counsel. Louis is a corporate, securities and M & A lawyer, and he helps his clients, whether they be public or private companies, financial sponsors, venture capitalists, investors or investment banks, in forming, financing, governing, buying and selling companies. He is formerly the co-managing partner of DLA Piper’s Silicon Valley office and co-chair of its leading venture capital and emerging growth company team.
L2 Counsel, P.C. is an elite boutique law firm based in Silicon Valley designed to serve entrepreneurs, innovative companies and investors with sound legal strategies and solutions. The firm has extensive experience assisting a wide variety of businesses at all development stages, from two founders and a laptop through venture capital financing to initial public offerings and beyond. The firm’s expertise also includes advising the US and non-US multinationals looking to access US and global markets and assisting companies with cross border transactions.