About Louis Lehot
- Recognized, Chambers USA, Venture Capital (2021)
- Selected as an Acritas StarTM, Acritas (2021)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US, Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate and Commercial (2015)
- Identified as a California leader in Capital Markets: Debt & Equity by Chambers USA (2012 – 2015)
- Recognized as a “Power Player” by Always On (2012)
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2021 and Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2011-2012)
- Named an advisory board member by the Silicon Valley Directors’ Exchange (SVDX) in partnership with Stanford Law School’s Rock Center for corporate governance (2016 – 2019)
- Appointed to Boston College Law School’s Business Advisory Council (2017)
- Two-time faculty member at the world-renowned Stanford Directors’ College (2017 and 2019)
ABOUT LOUIS LEHOT
Louis Lehot is a partner within the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Los Angeles offices of Foley & Lardner LLP. Louis specializes in advising his clients at all stages of company growth from garage to global. Louis Lehot offers comprehensive business and legal advice for entrepreneurs, executive management teams, investors, financial sponsors and their advisors.
He specializes in helping emerging private companies secure venture capital financing, prepare for an IPO or de-SPAC, and navigate an exit or liquidity event. Louis Lehot’s experience includes successful public offerings of equity and debt securities, equity and debt private placements securities, mergers & acquisitions, dispositions, spinoffs, strategic investments, and joint ventures.
Louis is also a corporate governance and securities law compliance resources. Louis regularly represents the US and non-US registrants before the SEC, FINRA, NYSE, and NASDAQ. Leading peer-reviewed industry guide Chambers USA recognized Louis Lehot for offering the highest quality of advice with a passion and responsiveness to meet a diverse mandate of client needs.
Clients have noted:
“The ease of working with Louis and his ability to cross over into international space.”
“His legal advice is superb, he has a very good understanding of all of the legal aspects of investing, he has strong business acumen and offers strong business advice.”
“Louis personally ensures quality, efficiency and value on every transaction we work on.”
The Legal 500 US noted that clients have commented on Louis’ abilities as a “master networker” in Silicon Valley. Louis was also selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2021 and Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2011 – 2012).
Louis has served as a two-time faculty member of Stanford Directors College, an advisory board member of the Silicon Valley Directors’ Exchange, and a member of Boston College Law School’s Business Advisory Council.
Louis practices giving back, supporting local and global initiatives, including the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley, Home of Hope, Caring for Cambodia, Doctors without Borders, Equal Justice for America, Second Harvest, Ecumenical Hunger Program, Goodwill of Southern California, UAspire, Girl Power Talk and Palo Alto Partners in Education.