Louis Lehot is on a very short list of corporate lawyers called upon by entrepreneurs and investors alike to help build Web3 based businesses. Louis is on the forefront of developments in the decentralized economy (with applications that are financial and beyond), and has been widely published on SEC regulation, decentralized autonomous organizations, the law of tokenomics, ICOs and blockchain-based technologies. These cutting-edge landscapes are fraught with legal and regulatory uncertainty. Clients intending to operate in these spaces need nimble counsel who have relationships across the ecosystem, from investors, to entrepreneurs to regulators.
Louis and his team at Foley & Lardner offer the following services and more as they work with
exchanges, regulatory bodies, investors, and innovators.
- Regulatory Analysis and Advocacy
Providing advice on the correct regulatory classification and treatment of proposed products and services.
Developing and implementing regulatory strategies to resolve issues of uncertainty as they arise, including interaction with the SEC, CFTC, FINRA, and other regulators.
- Crypto and Blockchain Products and Regulated Markets
Assisting clients in bringing products to market, such as blockchain-enabled trading.
- Compliance Counseling
Counseling on laws and regulations applicable to the blockchain sector beyond securities and commodities laws, including in arenas such as taxation, banking, payment systems, anti-money-laundering, and know-your-customer requirements.
- Corporate Structuring
Advising on appropriate corporate structures, both domestic and internatoinal, to maximize today’s value while avoiding future pitfalls.
Among recent representations for Louis and his team in the space:
- Cion Digital, an Austin based Blockchain-orchestration platform, looked to Foley & Lardner in its formation and subsequent $12 million seed funding round, which included participation from Green Visor Capital, 645 Ventures, Cota Capital, Epic Ventures, Hourglass Capital, BAT Ventures, Greycroft and others.
- Legacy Labs, a Netherlands-based crypto-gaming NFT platform in its formation and subsequent $7 million seed funding round, which included participation from BitKraft Ventures, Delpih Digital, Global Founders Capital, Ubisoft and others.
- Snowcrash Markets, a Los Angeles based NFT platform build on the Solana Blockchain, in its formation and subsequent joint venture with FTX, to create content that will fill marketplaces of NFT’s for creators across the arts and collectibles sector.